Join us at the 21st Annual Great Lakes Beach Association Conference on October 16-18 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. This year’s conference is hosted by the University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin’s Department of Natural Resources, with the Great Lakes Beach Association.
Marissa Jablonski, Freshwater Collaborative’s executive director, will provide the keynote address. In order to make the meeting as affordable as possible for students, student registration of $25 has been supported by the Freshwater Collaborative of Wisconsin.
The deadline for abstracts for posters and oral presentations is June 30. The focus areas for this year’s conference are:
- Laboratory Technologies/Rapid Detection Methods
- Harmful Algal Blooms in the Great Lakes
- Microbial Mitigation Strategies & Case Studies
- Microbial Source Tracking & Risk-Based Decision Making
- Beach Safety & Beach Notification Systems
- Trash Mitigation & Microplastics in the Great Lakes
- Community Science and Public Engagement